Got my scrolls!

If you are a happy customer and want to tell us and others about it, write about your experience here.
sunmtn
Advanced Member

Got my scrolls!

Post by sunmtn » Apr 14, 2010 8:35 pm

Gary,
These new scrolls are just great! I ordered the x-small scrolls which work better for smaller walls and areas. These were Plain Mocha and Tan paper with flecks. I had the words Wing Tsun on one and Chi Sau on the other. They have the look of a very old scroll and look fantastic. Xing An-Ping did these. I had a small portrait done of the word "Tiger." Its the first time I had Li Dan-Qing do anything for me. It was great! I was pleasantly surprised. These two are just much better than anybody I have had do Chinese calligraphy in the U.S.(which is limited, I'll admit). It is so much fun! You do a great thing bringing great art and Chinese culture to Americans at affordable prices! Thanks again!!!

Keith Sonnenberg

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Apr 14, 2010 9:25 pm

You are very welcome.

Those plain silks really create a classic or antique look. A lot of people like that (that's why we started offering it once we located a somewhat-reliable source for them). The casual observer won't be able to tell if they are 1 or 100 years old.

One thing we recently noticed about our standard calligrapher, Li Dan-Qing is that his calligraphy is much better at smaller sizes. So our small-sized wall scrolls look really good when done by him. And I say that knowing I make the lowest profit on small and extra-small wall scrolls.

Cheers,
-Gary.