Thank you! :-)

If you are a happy customer and want to tell us and others about it, write about your experience here.
~riverflow

Thank you! :-)

Post by ~riverflow » Jul 24, 2011 11:38 pm

I received this in the mail some days ago... I love it! I have this in my meditation space...

The large character is "river" (in chaos script).

Many thanks to Xing An-Ping, Gary, and everyone else involved in bringing this lovely work into my home. :-)

~josh
“The flowing river never stops and yet the water never stays the same.” ~ Kamo No Chomei

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Jul 25, 2011 3:35 pm

By the way, we have a second river wall scroll that we made. A mistake was made on the first one where the upper and lower panels were done with copper silk instead of plain ivory as you requested. If you are interested, I can sell you that one for $25. That's something like 60% off!

I'd rather sell it to you (because it has meaning for you) rather than just list it for sale on our site at some discounted rate. That would require me to write something to explain what this is, and thus it would be $35 or so if I did that.

$25 and free shipping for you...
...Yes, I am trying to temp you with this offer.

Cheers,
-Gary.

~riverflow

Post by ~riverflow » Jul 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Yes, I'm tempted and yes I'll buy it :-) Just let me know what I need to do.

Also, one question: What is the inscription? I can see the word "river," but I was curious as to what this is in English translation?

thanks bunches!
~josh
“The flowing river never stops and yet the water never stays the same.” ~ Kamo No Chomei

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Jul 29, 2011 4:09 pm

The first part (on the right) is this old Chinese idiom:

http://www.orientaloutpost.com/dictionary.php?q=%E6%B5%B7%E7%B4%8D%E7%99%BE%E5%B7%9D

The second line (on the left) says "Written/painted in 2011". However, 2011 is not expressed in numbers, but rather an ancient Chinese method for expressing the year.

If you want the extra river wall scroll, you can order it here:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/proddetail.php?prod=dis-river
$25 and free shipping for you.

I don't have a picture of it, so there's just a blank wall scroll shown there as a placeholder.

-Gary.

~riverflow

Post by ~riverflow » Jul 29, 2011 5:27 pm

Kewl. Sold! Thanks, Gary. :-)

~josh